Over the past twenty-five years, United Plate Glass has forged a name for itself synonymous with quality, service, and reliability in distributing and fabricating custom architectural glass and aluminum products. UPG has teamed with leading manufacturers of glass and glass fabrication machinery to fabricate:
- Frameless Bath and Shower Enclosures
- Custom Polished and Beveled Glass and Mirrors
- High Quality, High Performance Insulating Glass Units
- Tempered and Heat Strengthened Glass
- Custom YKK AP™ Aluminum Entrances and Store Fronts
We also maintain a large inventory of:
- Float Glass, Mirrors, Laminated Glass, and Pattern Glass
- Fire Rated Glass Products from Vetrotech and SaftiFirst
- Acrylic and Polycarbonate Stock Sheets
- Glazing hardware and supplies
UPG has the solution to whatever your glass needs may be. We combine a personal approach to service with an unmatched level of technology to ensure total customer satisfaction. Growth and size alone, however, do not make an industry leader. In the glass industry, as in other industries, there is a vast difference between producing a quality product and simply turning out a large quantity of product. United Plate Glass has deliberately grown at a steady and controlled pace in an effort to maintain it's focus on quality. While UPG has the ability to perform high production orders, it has built its name on the creation of quality products regardless of order size. As a result, quality is not just a buzzword, but a well-practiced reality.
At the core of UPG's business philosophy is personalized service tailored to the needs of each one of our clients. Building and cultivating relationships with them is important to us. It is our professional yet personable people who have gained the trust of our customers with their friendly approach and experience. We have worked hard to earn our reputation as a company that will go above and beyond the expectations of our customers. Everyday at UPG we continue to make service our number one priority.
Industries We Serve
United Plate Glass sells architectural glass and aluminum products to:
- Glass Shops
- Window and Door Manufacturers
UPG does not sell directly to contractors or retail customers. Our products are available through one of our many dealers. For a dealer near you, please contact us.
United Plate Glass offers daily deliveries to 9 states including Western Pennsylvania, South Western New York, Eastern Ohio, Northern West Virginia, Western North Carolina, Western South Carolina, parts of Tennessee, and Western Virginia, with the capability to jobsite large jobs to specific destinations. A fleet of company owned rack trucks, box trucks, flat beds, and semi-trailers ensure UPG has the right vehicle for your every day plant or special jobsite delivery.
Affiliations and Certifications
United Plate Glass is:
- A member of the Glass Association of North America (GANA) and the National Glass Association (NGA).
- A PPG Certified Fabricator.
- A Guardian Industries SunGuard Select Certified Fabricator.
- A licensee in the Safety Glazing Certification Council (SGCC) and Insulating Glass Certification Council (IGCC).
- A SuperSpacer TriSeal Warm Edge spacer fabricator.
- A Vetrotech Fire Rated Glazing materials supplier.
- A SaftiFirst Fire Rated Glazing materials supplier.
- An Underwriters Laboratories (UL) authorized labeler of fire rated glazing materials.
- A Warnock Hershey (WH) authorized labeler of fire rated glazing materials.